Nothing too fancy but if you’re hosting a lot of people at the house then you’ll probably need to change things up a bit. This recipe is easy to make and feeds a lot of people. From Saveur, “This classic Spanish dish can be served for breakfast, cut in cubes for tapas, or as a summer lunch with a bowl of gazpacho.”
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt according to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Oil to fry
- Peel the potatoes. Cut them into thick slices.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the potatoes and fry , till it become tender.
- In other pan heat oil slightly , saute onions and Strain the potatoes with onions through a colander into a large bowl (set the strained oil aside)
- Beat the eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes with the parsley, cheese, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a smaller pan and pour batter, cook on a moderate heat, using a spatula to shape the omelette into a cushion. Cover and cook for few minutes..
- Cook it till both sides turn slightly golden. Slide on to a plate and serve.