One of my childhood favorites and easy to prepare. Also, it changes up breakfast once in a while.
Filipino Scrambled Eggs
2 medium tomatoes – diced
3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic – minced
1 tablespoons chopped green onions for decoration
- Heat up your skillet on medium heat.
- Beat eggs and add salt and black pepper.
- Add butter or oil to the pan.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Wait for the garlic to get a little brown.
- Add the tomato and continue to cook letting the liquid evaporate. You’ll see the tomatoes start getting soft. Keep mixing allowing the mixture to reduce. You want to get 90% of the liquid gone.
- Now add in the beaten egg and stir. Keep stirring. Then let it rest, then stir, and let it rest. You’re watching the eggs until they get firm.
- Transfer to a plate, decorate, and serve.
Some people will add onions. If you’re an onion person, add about 1/4 cup minced onions during the garlic instruction.
Serve with rice. I like mine with bread.
As seen in the picture, I also added 1/2 cup of shredded basil (since I had some laying around).