For those who decided to buy 5 tomato plants and now have an excess of tomatoes, here is a recipe to put them to good use. This is the cooked version
- 1-3 cloves of minced garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Place sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add all the ingredients (except the parsley).
- Bring to a simmer and let some of the liquid evaporate.
- About 15 minutes later, add chopped parsley and remove from heat.
- Toast bread.
- Add a spoonful on the bread.
OPTIONS: Serve with soft scrambled eggs.