For years I’ve always been a boiler of crabs. But I finally discovered oven roasting crab. It make for delicious crab while giving a crispy and easy to break off shell.
Make sure to use live crab.
- 2 large Dungeness crabs, cooked, cleaned, and cracked (about 4 1/4 pounds)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
Heat the oven to 500 degrees or the highest roasting temperature.
Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
Spread out the crab onto a baking sheet.
Roast for 15 minutes. No more. No less.