When it comes to planning your wedding, you need to think about how you can give your guests the best possible time. It would be best if you thought about the way you have a great time, too, after all – it’s your big day. You choose the ice sculptures and the dove releases, and you choose the sandals for the hot weather and the umbrellas for the rain – you make a lot of new choices when you are planning your wedding.
One of the biggest things that you can have to make your guests have a fantastic time is an open bar. An open bar at weddings is something that everyone enjoys, even those who aren’t interested in fancy signature wedding cocktails. It’s something that you can have that appeals to everyone in the wedding and there are so many reasons that you should plan to have one on your wedding day.
- It’s a great courtesy for your guests. There are many different experiences that you can give to your guests, but this way you don’t have the expectation that people attending your wedding have to pay for their own drinks. Many people will have booked some time away from work and paid to get to your wedding and so you don’t want them to have to pay for your wedding drinks on top. Providing your guests with food is one thing but drinks is a good option because it’s courteous and everyone can just relax.
- There’s no waiting around. One of the most annoying things about a wedding is half your guests standing around waiting at the bar for drinks – usually because everyone is queuing to pay for it! There’s not going to be any holding up waiting for the card machine to work or anything like that, either.
- People will stay longer. If there is an open bar at the wedding, guests won’t be leaving early because they’ve run out of cash to pay for drinks, or they have to leave to get to a cashpoint which is inconvenient! Weddings that have an open bar are weddings that have people staying right to the last song.
- People will dance! Of course, people can dance without having an alcoholic drink. However, if you have an open bar, those who like to drink socially will be up on the dancefloor in no time at all. They’ll dance for longer, too, and you’ll get those photographs that really carry you through your lives together!
- You can stock the home bar, too. If you are supplying the alcohol for the open bar, you’ll be taking home the spoils. At the end of the evening, you can bring all of the drinks and unopened bottles home. You can choose to give them out to people, too, and that will be a nice way to end the night for your guests, too.
Weddings are beautiful affairs whether the bar is cash-based or open, but an open bar is really going to be a game changer.