I absolutely love my new Sakai Takayuki Tokujyo Supreme (White 2 steel) Kurouchi Wide Bunka Knife 180mm with Yew & Buffalo Handle! The craftsmanship is impeccable and the blade is razor sharp. I’ve used it to prep everything from fruits and vegetables to meat and fish, and it’s performed brilliantly. The handle is also very comfortable and provides a great grip. I couldn’t be happier with this purchase.
Here are some specs:
- Manufacturer : Aoki Hamono Co.,Ltd. (JAPAN)
- Blade Steel Type : High Carbon Steel [Shiroko or White Paper 2 steel]
- Blade Surface : Kurouchi (Japanese Traditional Black Finished)
- Handle Material : Japanese yew (Taxus cuspidata) wood with a Buffalo horn ring
- Knife Type : Wide Bunka Knife
- Blade Length : 180mm (7.1in.)
- Total Length : 335mm (13.2in.)
- Weight : 285g
- Blade Edge : Double edged (50/50 balanced, available for both left and right-handed)
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
The Sakai Takayuki Tokujyo Supreme (White 2 steel) Kurouchi Wide Bunka Knife 180mm with Yew & Buffalo Handle is a high-quality Japanese knife made from white paper 2 steel. The blade is kurouchi finished, meaning it has a traditional black finish, and the handle is made of Japanese yew wood with a buffalo horn ring. The knife is a wide bunka knife, meaning it is designed for precision slicing and dicing. The blade length is 7.1 inches, the total length is 13.2 inches, and the weight is 285 grams. The knife is balanced for both left and right-handed users and is brand new. It is made in Japan.