Corn chowder is one of my favorite recipes on a cold day. Actually, I like it on hot days too. One of the cool things about this dish is the ease of making it.
2 pounds of bacon, chopped
8 oz of celery, chopped
1 pound onion, chopped
8 oz peppers, sweet, chopped
2 gallons stock
2 pounds potatoes
2 tsp black pepper
6 tbsp salt
13 pounds 2 oz corn, cut corn
1 gallon milk
1/4 gallon heavy cream
1 pound butter
- Cook bacon until crip.
- Add vegetables; cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock, potatoes, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn. Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pot, slightly boil milk and butter.
- Add milk slowly to the soup. Heat to serving temperature.
Notes: You need a big pot. You’ll need to big pots for all my 100 portion recipes.