There is bacon, and then there is bacon-flavored everything! When bacon is the star of the show, nothing else comes close. Whether you like it sweet or savory, thick or thin, bacon adds something special to every dish. And with bacon that cooks quickly and evenly on a sheet pan with no greasy stovetop cleanup afterward?
1. To cook bacon on low heat, begin by preheating the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. This will help ensure even cooking.
2. Place bacon strips in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. This will help prevent bacon from sticking and make for easier clean-up afterwards.
3. Bake bacon for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking time, until bacon is crisp and golden brown. Be sure not to overcook it as this can cause bacon to become dry and tough.
4. Instead of using high heat to cook bacon, opt for lower temperatures over longer periods of time for better flavor and texture results. Low heat will also help reduce splattering and smoke which can be dangerous when cooking indoors on the stovetop.
5. Bacon cooked on low heat should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator immediately after baking to maintain its freshness and taste. When reheating bacon, use the microwave or oven set at a low temperature; this helps keep bacon crispy without drying it out too much or burning it to a crisp!
You can’t ask for anything better! So if you’re ready to take your dishes up a notch (or ten!), grab some bacon today and get cooking! Your taste buds won’t regret it. Happy baking – and baconing! 🙂